Find out which exciting new releases made it to the Falcon platform in June 2021.
Introducing the brand-new, updated Content Pool in Publish. The improved layout of the Content Pool allows for a more streamlined workflow for content distribution in your team.
Along with a better visual layout, users can utilize the following new features:
- New, intuitive interface which displays media files in their full size without being cropped.
- Ability to locate stock items by keyword.
- Ability to select a timeframe using the calendar icon in the top right.
- Ability to customize verified links (e.g. title, description, and thumbnail).
- Download option available for all media files.
- Delete option available for all media files and stock items.
- New stock creation process, supporting single or bulk stock uploads.
- Photo editor for image assets.
Find out more about how to navigate the new Content Pool and how to upload stock items from the Help Center guide here.
Increased access to Instagram DMs
Great news for those moderating Instagram content in Falcon. Thanks to an exciting update to Facebook’s API, it’s now possible for many Falcon users to view Instagram DMs in Falcon.
Facebook is rolling out this feature to users based on your Instagram Channel's follower count. If your Instagram Channel’s follower count does not match Facebook's requirements, you will not yet be able to utilize the feature in Falcon. Please visit Facebook’s documentation here for an up-to-date status on who will have access
If your Instagram Channel has the necessary number of followers, you can get set up to view Instagram DMs by following the steps in the Help Center guide here.
If your team has dedicated away hours, you can now choose to set up away messages in Falcon. By setting up away messages, you can configure your Channel to share automatic responses each time a customer private messages you when you are away.
To get started, visit the Automation tab in Engage followed by the Messages tab. You can find the full guide to setting up away messages from the Help Center article here.
When you’re creating a new ad with a Conversion objective, you can now specify where conversions will happen by listing a verified domain.
Specifying a verified domain allows Facebook to optimize your ad with the correct target domain in mind. The verified domain does not necessarily have to be the same as the link in your post, though choosing a different domain may affect your ad’s performance.
When you’re creating an ad, use the dropdown to choose from all domains listed in the Events Manager section of your Business Manager. The field will auto-populate with the most active domain which sent events to your pixel over the last 24 hours.
For more information on all available ad options, please visit the Help Center guide here.
Save some time from manually creating Advanced Searches in Listen | Powered by Brandwatch with the new Guided Search option. Using the Guided Search option, you can now simply type your keywords and hashtags into custom-built fields to build your query for any of the following:
- A Brand
- An Issue
- A Campaign
- A Person
- A Topic
Below the search bar, click any option to get started:
Next, complete the applicable fields by entering keywords and hashtags. You can also choose to include or exclude keywords. For more information, please see the complete Help Center guide here.
Promoted Instagram content
Following the release of promoted Instagram posts in Engage, you can also now track the performance of your promoted efforts on Instagram in Measure Content Performance Dashboards.
Your promoted posts will now be included in any Content Performance Dashboard which includes your Instagram Channel. To get started, you will need to make sure that you have completed the following.
- Connected your Instagram Channel to Falcon.
- Connected the applicable Facebook Ad Account to Falcon (the Ad Account which was used to promote the Instagram content).
For more information on getting set up and viewing your promoted Instagram content, please visit the Help Center guide here.
Happy with the layout of a custom Dashboard in Measure? Save time building new custom Dashboards from scratch by duplicating any existing Dashboard.
When you duplicate a Dashboard, you’ll have the option to give it a brand-new name and include a new set of Channels while utilizing the same features, such as exporting, filtering, and sharing.
To get started, follow the steps below:
- In Measure, locate or type to search for any existing Dashboard.
- Click the context menu (three dots) beside the Dashboard name. Alternatively, click to open the Dashboard followed by the context menu on the top right.
- Click Duplicate.
For more information and the complete guide, please visit the Help Center guide here.
Dashboards calendar options
In any Measure Dashboard, you can now click the calendar icon to choose from a greater selection of preset timeframe options, such as Last Week, Last Month, and This Month.
For more information on exactly what each timeframe option will include, please visit the Help Center guide here.
Some users in Falcon may need an overview of the team’s content, conversations, and performance without having the need to create content or interact. For a more hands-off approach, you can now add users with the new View-only user role.
The View-only user role in Falcon allows users to access Publish, Engage, Measure, and Listen, though their access will be restricted as described below.
- Can access Publish, leave notes, and copy existing posts, but cannot create, approve, or publish content.
- Can access Engage and leave notes, but cannot interact.
- Can create Measure Dashboards and Listen Quick Searches.
- Can view (but not create or edit) Measure reports, Listen Projects, and Listen Saves Searches.
- Can not access team settings, configure channels, users, or templates (unless Team Leader add-on is provided).
View-only users can also be added with a Team Leader add-on, allowing them to access and manage the team’s settings, users, and Channels.
For more information on all available user roles, please visit the Help Center guide here.