When you're viewing a Project in Listen, you can choose between four different views at the top of the page including: Insights, Comparison, Monitoring, and Mentions. Comparison View allows you to view the insights and performance of each Topic in your Project side-by-side. When you’re comparing your Topics, you can also choose to view the same time range or else different time ranges for each Topic.
To view insights in Comparison view, your Listen Project must have at least 2 topics.
Comparison Overview in Listen
In Comparison View, you will see several modules which will display graphs and insights for your chosen Topics. At any time, you can change the selected time range by clicking the calendar icon at the top right. You can also select/deselect Topics by clicking on the highlighted Topic name at the top left.
- Activity Over Time
The number of mentions indexed for each topic based on your chosen time range. By clicking on the calendar icon at the top right, you can choose to have the graph display data in intervals of hours, days, weeks, or months. Hovering over the graph will allow you to see the progression of the number of mentions received for each topic over time.
- Share of Voice
- The number of mentions indexed for each topic and the percentage contribution towards the total number of mentions in your Project.
- Potential Reach
- The potential size of the audience that could see the Mentions indexed for each Topic. The Potential Reach is estimated as the sum of all followers of the most-followed Mention authors. This data is currently only available for Twitter and Facebook mentions.
- Estimated Impressions
- The total number of times a Mention for each Topic could appear in a person’s feed. This is estimated from the Follower count of and total Mentions made by the author. This data is currently only available for Twitter and Facebook mentions.
This graph will show the number of positive, negative, or neutral Mentions for each Topic in your chosen time range. You can hover over any bar in the graph to view a breakdown or click on a sentiment below the graph to add/remove it.
- Trending Phrases, Hashtags, and URLs
- The ‘Trending’ modules will display lists of the most frequently seen phrases, hashtags, and URLs for each Topic. The results will be sorted by volume and each result will show the number of applicable mentions. You can click on each result to view a list of mentions containing the phrase, hashtag, or URL.
- Top Twitter Authors
- The most frequently indexed Twitter authors for each Topic, listed by volume. Click on each author to view the full list of their indexed indexed tweets
- The percentage of mentions for each Topic which were created by male or female authors. Hover over the bars in the graph to view the exact percentages and total number of mentions. You can also click ‘Undetermined’ below the graph to include the percentage of mentions for each Topic where the gender isn’t known.
- The list of all languages from your indexed Mentions along with the total number of applicable Mentions from each Topic. You can click on any language to view all indexed Mentions in that language.
The list of the top 5 countries where each Topic’s Mentions were created. The list is broken down by Topic and sorted by volume. Hover over a country listed for any Topic to view the highlighted corresponding totals from other Topics (if applicable).
Comparing Multiple Listen Topics in the Same Time Range
To compare the metrics for all Topics across the same time range, click into 'Comparison' view at the very top of the page in Listen. Next, click the ‘Compare’ dropdown from the top right-hand side of the page followed by ‘Topics’.
You can then use the ‘Calendar’ icon to select your time range which will be represented in all graphs visible in Comparison View.
Comparing multiple topics in the same time range will be the default when you enter ‘Comparison View’. See below for information on how to view one topic across different time ranges instead.
Comparing One Listen Topic Across Different Time Ranges
To compare the metrics for only one Topic across different time ranges, click into 'Comparison' view at the very top of the page in Listen. Next, click the ‘Compare’ dropdown at the top right-hand side of the page followed by ‘Time Ranges’.
All modules in the ‘Comparison View’ will adjust to show graphs representing the different time ranges specified for one Topic.
You will be able to choose four different time ranges for your Topic. At the top of the page, click the context menu (three dots) on each time range to toggle the visibility or change the time range. You can also use the dropdown to the left of the chosen time ranges to switch Topics.