When you're viewing a Project in Listen, you can choose between four different views at the top of the page including: Insights, Comparison, Monitoring, and Mentions. The default view when you open your Project, Insights, showcases the volume, performance, and authors of the mentions we’ve gathered for your Project so far across 5 different tabs.
Below, you’ll find a breakdown on the different metrics shown in each tab.
All information, including mentions and authors, will be displayed based on your chosen timeframe in the calendar in the top, right-hand side of the page and the Topics chosen in the top, left-hand side. Click on the calendar or the Topic name to adjust your selection at any time.
Overview Tab in Insights View
- Key Figures
At the top of the Overview tab, you’ll find 6 key metrics relating to your Project. The numbers shown here will reflect the Topics highlighted in the top left-hand side of 'Insights View'. You can click on each Topic name to toggle visibility. Please see the definitions for the metrics below:
- Total number of Mentions indexed during your chosen timeframe.
- Avg Mentions / day:
- Average number of Mentions per day during your chosen timeframe.
- Avg Mentions / hour:
- Average number of Mentions per hour during your chosen timeframe.
- The total number of social media accounts that have created Mentions for the selected Topics. This number is an estimate as Instagram does not allow personal account data to be collected and the same person may get counted more than once if they exist on multiple social media networks. Additionally, we don’t always get author information from News sites and Blogs.
- Estimated Impressions:
- The total number of times a Mention for this Project could appear in a person’s feed. This is estimated from the follower/likes count and total Mentions made by the author. This data is currently only available for Facebook and Twitter mentions.
- Potential Reach:
- The potential size of the audience that could see the Mentions in your Listen Project. The potential reach is estimated as the sum of all followers/likes of the most-followed Mention authors. This data is currently only available for Facebook and Twitter mentions.
Both 'Estimated Impressions' and 'Potential Reach' consider each contributing author's likes/followers. If an author creates a second mention which gets indexed to your Project, 'Estimated Impressions' will increase, but not the 'Potential Reach'. Both numbers may be equal if each author only contributed one mention to your Project.
- Activity by topic
The ‘Activity by topic’ graph displays the number of Mentions for all topics per day, week, or month (as chosen on the calendar icon in the top right). You can hover over the graph to see breakdowns for a particular time and add/remove Topics by clicking on the Topic name below the graph.
- Mentions by source
- In ‘Mentions by source’, you’ll see the total number of Mentions for all Projects, along with the percentage share, broken down source (eg. Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, and Comments). Click on any source to view the applicable Mentions on the right-hand side of the page.
- Mentions by topic
- The Topic contained in your Project will be listed along with the total number of Mentions, potential reach, estimated impressions and sentiment. You can click on the name of each topic to view the Mentions on the right-hand side of the page.
This graph will show the number of Mentions for all topics per day, week, or month, broken down by source. All social media sources (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) will be displayed under one source as ‘Social’.
Trending Tab in Insights View
- Phrases and Hashtags
Choose to view the most used phrases and hashtags for your Topics either as a word cloud or list. You can switch by clicking ‘Show as’ in the top right.
You can click any phrase/hashtag to view the relevant mentions on the right side of the screen.
- The list of URLs which were included in the body text of your Mentions, along with the number of Mentions and a ‘Benchmark’ bar showing the difference in frequency of each URL, from most to least shared.
- Twitter Authors
- The list of all Twitter authors indexed in your Project along with the total number of Mentions we indexed for each and a ‘Benchmark’ bar to compare the frequency of each author’s indexed Mentions.
Sentiment Tab in Insights View
- Activity by sentiment
- This graph will show the number of positive, negative, or neutral Mentions for all topics per day, week, or month. You can hover over a time period to view a breakdown or click on a sentiment below the graph to add/remove it.
- Activity by source
- This bar graph will show the percentage of positive, negative, or neutral sentiment broken down by source. You can hover over each bar to view the exact percentage and number of mentions. In addition, you can click on a bar to see the associated Mentions on the right side of the page.
Demographics Tab in Insights view
- Once we have determined a language for each of your Mentions, the languages will be displayed along with the total number of Mentions indexed for each. You can click on a language to view the relevant mentions on the right-hand side of the screen.
- This chart will reflect the number of Mentions originating from certain countries. This data may not be inclusive of all Mentions, but only those where we this information is available. You can hover over each section of the chart to view the country, percentage, and number of Mentions. You can also click on the section to view the relevant Mentions or click the country name on the right to add/remove it from the chart.
The ‘Total’ chart on the left displays the total number of Mentions by male, female, or undetermined. Below the chart, you’ll see the total number and percentage of Mentions from male or female users. You can also click on each to filter all demographic results shown on the page by male or female.
Under ‘Distribution by network’, the bar chart will display the number of male or female Mentions indexed by source. You can click ‘Show as’ to change between percentage and total Mentions, or click on each bar to view the relevant mentions on the right-hand side.
We may not be able to gather relevant demographic information, such as country and gender, for all Mentions as this may be restricted by the individual user or the network. Due to API restrictions, it’s not possible to index any author information for Instagram Mentions.
Influencers Tab in Insights View
If we’ve identified any influencers among your Mentions, they’ll be displayed here under ‘Facebook’, ‘Twitter’, ‘News’, and ‘Blogs’.
Under ‘Facebook’ and ‘Twitter’, your influencers will be shown along with the number of indexed Mentions, potential reach, potential impressions, and location (if applicable). The influencers will be sorted by potential reach. Please see above for the full definition of potential reach.
Under ‘News’ and ‘Blogs’, we’ll list the identified influencers along with the full URL, rank and number of Mentions.
Rank is an internal rating out of 100 which is calculated based on the number of links to the site, combined with the number of unique authors linking to the site.