Get a better understanding of your performance by narrowing down the posts on display in your Content Performance widget. Using the available filtering options, you can choose to include or exclude posts based on their labels, media type, promotion status, and visibility. This article will show you how to apply the different filtering options.
How to apply and remove Content Performance filters
To get started filtering your posts in a Content Performance Dashboard, please follow the steps below:
- Visit any Content Performance Dashboard, or any Dashboard containing a Content Performance widget.
- Click the pencil icon on the top right of the Dashboard.
- Click ‘Filter’ on the top right of the Content Performance widget.
- Choose from the filter options available.
- Choose ‘+ Add New Filter’ to add more filters if applicable.
- Click ‘Save Changes’.
At any time, you can choose to add more filters or remove filters by following the steps below:
- Visit your Dashboard.
- Select ‘Filter’ on the top right of the Content Performance widget.
- Choose either '+ Add New Filter’ or ‘Remove this filter’ as shown below.
- Click ‘Save Changes’.
Please see below for more information on the different filter options available.
If you have applied labels to your posts, you can use the labels filter to view posts which have had any labels applied, posts which match only certain labels, or posts which are unlabeled. You can choose from the options listed below:
- Containing any of (specified labels)
- After choosing one or more labels, posts which match any of the chosen labels will be displayed.
- Containing all of (specified labels)
- After choosing one or more labels, posts containing all of the chosen labels will be displayed.
- With any label
- Posts which have had any labels applied will be displayed.
- Without any label
- Only unlabeled posts will be displayed
Choosing the Type filter allows you to choose which types of posts you’d like to include in your widget. You can select one or more options from the list below:
- Posts which contain images. I.e. single image, multiple image, carousel (Instagram) and album posts.
- Posts containing videos.
- Posts with any link attachments. Posts with a link in the text but no link attachment will not be included.
- Posts which contain text only. Posts with any media or link attachments will not be included.
Promotion Status filter
Using the Promotion Status filter, you can choose between 'Promoted' and 'Not Promoted' to include or exclude Facebook posts which have received paid impressions.
Currently this filer is only applicable to Facebook content. Choosing 'Not Promoted' will exclude Facebook promoted content, but both promoted and organic content from other networks will still be included.
Post Visibility filter
Choosing the Post Visibility filter allows you to view only Facebook posts which are either dark, or else visible on your page’s timeline.
By default, dark posts with no reach will be excluded from your Content Performance widget. Using the ‘Dark’ Visibility filter, you can choose to include those without reach.
Currently, this filter is only applicable to Facebook content. Choosing 'Timeline' will include timeline posts from Facebook along with all posts from other networks. Choosing 'Dark' will only include Facebook dark posts.