Using Labels within Falcon is hands down one of the most effective ways to structure your content, make searches quicker, segment your customers, and create flexible reports on your content performance.
All labels are only used internally in Falcon, so none of them are visible to your customers. We recommend using labels in a few different ways. This article will explain all their uses in Publish and give you some good labeling strategies along with it.
Using Labels in Publish
Anywhere during the creation process of your content, you can add labels to your posts in the Publish Editor. Simply expand the Labels section on the left side of the editor and add one or more labels. Consider using labels for the following benefits:
- You can easily find your posts back through the search bar at the top of most Publish sections, such as in the Calendar, the Content Pool, or under Published.
- You can easily report on your posts based on their labels as described below.
- You can review statistics on your label usage in the Label Management section. For example, it can tell you how often you have created posts around a certain theme, such as your Black Friday sale.
- Content Pool
- When you add stock to the Content Pool, use labels to group your content together and make it easier for you and your colleagues to find relevant files.
- Adding a label to your Campaign and enabling the 'Apply labels to stock' option, will automatically add your chosen labels to all content that is created from the stock of your Campaign.
- Smart Labels
- Smart Labels add a powerful automation to your workflow. They can be used to apply an Ad Set to a post simply by adding a label. You can make ads out of tens or hundreds of posts with only a few clicks.
Labels added to your content in Publish will also appear for that content when it appears in Engage. Similarly, if a label is added to a post in Engage, it will carry over to the post in Publish.
We've seen a lot of creative and successful uses of labels in our platform. To help you determine how labels can fit in your workflow, we've gathered some examples as a source of inspiration. Consider labeling your content based on:
- Topic or Theme.
- Format (e.g. link, picture, or video post).
- Time of publication (e.g. Evening, July, Easter).
- Organic or Paid.
- Goal of the post (e.g. Engagement, Link clicks).
Want to take your social media strategy to the next level? Falcon’s strategic services team provides professional social media consultancy through workshops, audits, and reports. Contact your Account Manager to learn more.
Labeling Posts in Bulk
Save some time adding, removing, or replacing labels on your posts by managing your labels in bulk. You can bulk-manage labels for multiple posts in any state (e.g. draft, scheduled, or published). Please visit the full guide to labeling posts in bulk here.
Reporting on Your Publish Labels
The best way to report on the success of your posts based on their labels is to create a new Content Performance Dashboard in Measure. To get started, you can go to Measure > Dashboards > Create Dashboard > Content Performance or follow our Help Center guide to creating Dashboards here.
Your Content Performance Dashboard will display your selected Channels' posts from your chosen timeframe, along with any 6 metrics of your choice and summarized totals. At any time, you can easily apply a labels filter which will allow you to include or exclude posts with any labels, posts without labels, posts matching certain labels, or posts matching any of your chosen labels.