Using Labels within Falcon is hands down one of the most effective ways to structure your content, make searches quicker, segment your customers, and create flexible reports on your content performance.
All labels are only used internally in Falcon, so none of them are visible to your customers. We recommend using labels in a few different ways. This article will explain all their uses in Publish and give you some good labeling strategies along with it.
Using labels in Publish
Anywhere during the creation process of your content, you can add labels to your posts in the Publish Editor. Simply expand the Labels section on the left side of the editor and add one or more labels. Consider using labels for the following benefits:
- You can easily find your posts back through the search bar at the top of most Publish sections, such as in the Calendar, the Content Pool, or under Published.
- Reporting on your content by label can be done through the Publish Labels report in Measure.
- You can review statistics on your label usage in the Label Management section. For example, it can tell you how often you have created posts around a certain theme, such as your Black Friday sale.
- Content Pool
- When you add stock to the Content Pool, use labels to group your content together and make it easier for you and your colleagues to find relevant files.
- Adding a label to your Campaign and enabling the 'Apply labels to stock' option, will automatically add your chosen labels to all content that is created from the stock of your Campaign.
- Smart Labels
- Smart Labels add a powerful automation to your workflow. They can be used to apply an Ad Set to a post simply by adding a label. You can make ads out of tens or hundreds of posts with only a few clicks.
Labels added to your content in Publish will also appear for that content when it appears in Engage. In addition, if a label is added to a post in Engage, it will carry over to the post in Publish.
We've seen a lot of creative and successful uses of labels in our platform. To help you determine how labels can fit in your workflow, we've gathered some examples as a source of inspiration. Consider labeling your content based on:
- Topic or Theme.
- Format (e.g. link, picture, or video post).
- Time of publication (e.g. Evening, July, Easter).
- Organic or Paid.
- Goal of the post (e.g. Engagement, Link clicks).
Want to take your social media strategy to the next level? Falcon’s strategic services team provides professional social media consultancy through workshops, audits, and reports. Contact your Account Manager to learn more.
Labeling posts in bulk
Save some time adding, removing, or replacing labels on your posts by managing your labels in bulk. You can bulk-manage labels for multiple posts in any state (e.g. draft, scheduled, or published). Please visit the full guide to labeling posts in bulk here.