Instagram Story posts are image or video posts that are displayed in a slideshow format, separate from your main content feed. You can create them from the Falcon web platform and publish them through our Hub app.
This Hub app publishing flow is different from how most other types of posts are published through Falcon. The current Instagram APIs do not yet support direct publishing of Stories, so we've developed a workaround through our mobile Hub app. You can find further details here.
Create an Instagram Story post
- In the Publish module, click 'Create Post' in the top left.
- Choose Instagram for the network and then the Channel you want to publish your Story post to. Click the 'Create Instagram post' button.
- Switch to the 'Story' tab at the top left of the Publish Editor.
- Add your image or video assets in one of the following ways:
- Drag and drop your video file to the file area.
- Click the file area to open a local file browser. Choose the file to add from there.
- While hovering over the file area, click the 'Cloud' link to open a file picker popup. You can access various cloud storages such as Google Drive and Dropbox.
- While hovering over the file area, click the 'Content Pool' link to select files stored in the Content Pool.
- Optional: Add a Story URL that leads users to your website.
- Consider further options such as adding labels or a scheduling date.
- Once you're ready to publish your post, follow the Hub app publishing flow instructions given in our article here.
While publishing the post through the Hub app, you can add Stickers (text, emoji, location, hashtag, etc.) to your Story post in the Instagram app natively.
The Story URL you might have added to your post in Falcon does not automatically copy over to the Hub app. During the final steps of the publishing flow, it will need to be added manually while in the Instagram app.