These days, social video marketing has become a no-brainer for most brands as videos are engaging internet users like nothing else. If you want to be where your customers are, video content should be an important part of your marketing strategy.
Falcon supports video post creation, customization and performance tracking. This article covers all the Falcon features available for creating video posts.
Create a Video Post
Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn all support video posts. Falcon enables you to create these types of posts in roughly the same way for each of the networks:
- In the Publish module, click 'Create Post' in the top left.
- Choose the network and Channels you want to publish your video post to.
- Add your preferred post copy to the textbox.
- You have the option to add your video asset beneath the text box. There are three ways to add it:
- Drag and drop your video file to the file area.
- Click the file area to open a local file browser. Choose the file to add from there.
- While hovering over the file area, click the 'Cloud' link to open a file picker popup. You can access various cloud storages such as Google Drive and Dropbox.
- While hovering over the file area, click the 'Content Pool' link to select files stored in the Content Pool.
- For Facebook and LinkedIn video posts, add a title for the video.
- Consider any advanced options such as adding captions or a custom thumbnail.
- Once you're happy with your post, click the Publish, Schedule, or 'Send for Approval' button.
If you'd like to learn more about which file types and properties are supported by each network, we recommend checking our media attachments guide.
Add or Select a Video Thumbnail Image
You can customize the thumbnail on your Facebook or Instagram video posts that will otherwise be automatically selected for you. This is recommended, as customized thumbnails can make the video much more compelling to potential viewers.
There are two ways to add a thumbnail. You can select a video frame to be used as the thumbnail or you can upload your own image file as a thumbnail.
Select a video frame as a thumbnail
- Create a Facebook or Instagram video post by following the instructions above.
Once you've added your video to the Publish Editor (step 4), Falcon will automatically select 10 frames from your video that can be used as a thumbnail. Hover over the video thumbnail under the file area and use the right/left arrows to cycle through the pre-selected thumbnails to select the one you want.
Upload an image as thumbnail
Uploading a custom thumbnail is currently only available for Facebook video posts.
- Create a Facebook video post by following the instructions above.
Once you've added your video to the Publish Editor (step 4), hover over the file area and click the 'Custom' button that appears.
- Select your thumbnail file in the file picker popup to add it to your post.
You can find our recommendations for the thumbnail file type and properties here.
About 85% of videos on Facebook are watched without sound. Facebook algorithms also penalize videos without captions, making captions vital for achieving reach.
To help you with captions, Falcon supports the SubRip (.srt) file format. SubRip files are plain-text files that contain all subtitle information. They can be created with any professional video editing software.
Facebook recommends naming your .srt file in the following way:
code]_[country code].srt. An example file can be found here.
Here's how you can add captions in Falcon:
- Create a Facebook video post by following the general instructions from earlier in this article.
- Once you've added your video to the Publish Editor (step 4), click the 'Add Captions' button underneath your uploaded video.
- Add your .srt file and click 'Apply'.
Repeat the above steps if you'd like to add captions in more languages.
If you experience any issues adding captions, you can consult Facebook's troubleshooting guide here.