You can really make your social media content pop in the feed and add flair to your messaging using images and GIFs. Falcon lets you do this several ways that we'll explore in this article.
Supported Image Post Types per Network
The networks supported in Falcon each have their own supported image post types. We've made an easy overview:
|Image post type|
|Multi-image post||Up to 25 images||Up to 10 images||Up to 4 images||Up to 9 images|
|GIF post||1 GIF per post||✗||1 GIF per post||✗|
If you'd like to learn more about which file types and properties are supported by each network, we recommend checking our media attachments guide.
Creating an Image or a GIF Post
Whether you'd like to add one image, multiple images, or a GIF, creating an image post involves the same steps for all of them:
- In Publish, click Create Post from the top left.
- Select the network and Channel(s) you would like to publish your image post to.
- Add your post copy (text) to the text box if applicable.
Below the text box, add your assets. Choose from the options below:
- Drag and drop image files to the file area.
- Click the file area to open your local file browser.
- While hovering over the file area, click Cloud to access cloud storages such as Google Drive and Dropbox.
- While hovering over the file area, click Content Pool to select files from the Falcon Content Pool.
- Optional: Drag and drop your uploaded files to change the order of appearance.
- Optional: Add Alt Text or adjust an image with our Photo Editor.
- Click Publish, Schedule, or Send for Approval.
Publishing multi-image (Carousel) posts to Instagram involves additional publishing steps for which we created a separate article here.
Tagging Users in an Instagram Image
For single-image Instagram posts, you can tag one or more Instagram profiles in the image by following these steps:
- Create an Instagram image post by following the steps above.
- Click Tag Users below the image thumbnail.
- Click anywhere on your image to tag a user.
- Type in the exact Instagram username of the user. Due to Instagram API limitations, autocomplete or search is currently not available. Click Add tag once you've typed the full username.
- Optional: Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each person you want to tag in the post.
Adding Alt Text
Alternative (alt) text describes images to screen-reading tools, helping visually impaired users. In Falcon, you can add alt text to Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn image posts. We recommend adding text which describes the key details of the images you share.
To get started, follow the steps below:
- Create a Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn image post by following the steps above.
Once you've added your image(s), click Add Alt Text.
- Auto-generate alt text for each image by clicking Generate Alt Text. Alternatively, you can manually type or edit alt text in the text box.
When manually adding or editing alt text, bear in mind the character limits for each network listed below:
- Facebook: 8000 characters
- Twitter: 1000 characters
- LinkedIn: 4086 characters
Alt text is not supported for GIFs or videos. In addition, due to Instagram API restrictions, it's not possible to generate or manually add alt text to Instagram images in advance. However, alt text will be added to all images published to Instagram automatically.