The purpose of automation is to take the robot out of the human. With Automation in Engage, you can let Falcon handle the repetitive tasks such as labelling, assigning, and sending “away” messages, allowing you to spend your time on important conversations with your customers.
In this article, find out more about the available automation features in Engage and how to set them up.
Automated Labelling and Assigning
When creating a labels or assignment rule, you choose one or a few conditions (triggers), and one action to take when those conditions are met. Once the automation rule is active, Falcon will review each new piece of Engage content for a match with your rule. If a match is found, it executes the action you set.
You can choose if you want the automation rule to trigger based on one of the conditions you chose (Match any) or if all chosen conditions must be
Available triggers and actions
You can choose from the following triggers:
- Message content
- Triggers based on one or a few keywords. You can decide if some, all, or none of those keywords should be part of the incoming content text.
- Triggers based on the network the content comes from. You can choose from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, WhatsApp, or LinkedIn. You can either include or exclude them from the trigger.
- Triggers based on the Facebook, WhatsApp, or LinkedIn Channel the content comes from. You can either include or exclude them from the trigger.
- Message type
- Triggers based on the message type of the content. You can choose posts, comments, replies, or Direct Messages, and either include or exclude them from the trigger.
You can choose from the following action types:
- Assign to
- Assigns the piece of content to a user or a team.
- Add labels
- Adds one or more labels of your choice to the piece of content.
Setting up an automation rule
You can create a rule in just a few simple steps. Please bear in mind that only Admin users in Falcon can create rules. Furthermore, there are a few practical limitations to the size of your automations. There is a maximum of:
- 25 keywords per condition.
- 10 conditions per rule.
- 100 rules per organization.
Here's how you can create your rules:
Go to the Automation tab in Engage.
- Click Labels & assignments.
- Click Add Rule in the top right.
Choose your if trigger and then action type options.
Keywords and phrases are case sensitive.
When adding message content keywords and phrases, be sure to press Enter after typing each keyword or phrase. That will create a card for them in the textbox, like shown below.
- Give your rule a descriptive title.
- Click Add Rule in the bottom right.
Your rule is now created and it will process any new Engage content that arrives in Falcon.
If a piece of content would fit the trigger criteria of multiple Assign to rules, only the first created rule will be processed. In contrast, multiple 'Add labels' rules can be applied to one piece of content.
With Automated Messages in Engage, you can choose to share automatic responses each time a customer private messages you when you are away. You can specify the applicable Channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or WhatsApp) for each message and also the days and times your Channels will be considered “away”.
Setting up automated messages
To get started setting up a new automated message, please follow the steps below:
- In Engage, click the Automation tab from the top of the page.
- From the top left, click the Messages tab.
- Click Create Message.
- Provide a name for the automated message group (the group of Channels for which you’d like to set up the new automated message).
- Using the check boxes on the left, select the Channel(s) you would like to include in your group.
- Click Continue.
- You will be directed back to the Messages tab with your new group visible. To the right of the new group, click + Add.
- Select the applicable times and days of the week for your automated message, adjusting the time zone if needed. You can add more times by clicking + Add time or delete a selection by clicking the trash icon.
- Under Message text, type your away message.
- Click Save.
- You will be directed back to the Messages tab. Click the Away message toggle option to activate your away message.
Editing automated messages
Once you have successfully created an automated message, you can choose to temporarily switch it off, adjust the Channel selection, or edit the times, dates, and the message.
To view your automated message, visit the Automation tab in Engage, followed by the Messages tab. Here, you can switch off the automated message by selecting the Away message toggle option.
By clicking the context menu (three dots) beside Away message, you can choose to edit the message (including the times and dates) or delete the message.
Note: If you choose to delete the message, the automated message group will still be visible, but with no message. To create a new message again for the existing group, click Edit message.
To adjust the Channels in your automated message group, click the context menu (three dots) beside the message group name, followed by Edit channels. Here, you can also delete the entire message group and the message by clicking Delete channels and message.