You can create video advertisements with a Call to Action button from inside the Advertise module. That means you can complete the steps of creating your Campaigns, Ad Sets, and advertising content all in the same place. Follow the steps below here to find out how:
- In Advertise, navigate to the Ad Set section and find the Ad Set you want to create the video advertisement for.
Click on the context menu on the right and choose Create Ad from the dropdown list.
Give your Ad a name in the top left (Optional).
We recommend standardizing your Advertise asset naming conventions. By default, Falcon will name your video Ad ' FLC - video - *post text*'. It will automatically add a preview of the post text, or state 'No post text' if the Ad text field is left blank.
Define the properties of your Ad. The options are:
- Facebook Channel
Lets you pick the Facebook Channel to publish your Ad under.
If your Campaign Objective is set to Reach or Page Likes, the Facebook Channel is already defined at the Ad Set level. Therefore, your Ad will automatically be for that Channel and can't be edited.
- Instagram Channel (Optional)
You can choose an Instagram Channel to post your Ad to. You can only choose the Instagram Channel that is connected to the Facebook Channel selected above.
If your Campaign Objective is set to Page Likes, your Ad is not valid for Instagram and this option will be unavailable.
- Ad text (Optional)
Write an Ad text with a maximum of 125 characters including spaces.
Not all placements support an Ad text. Review the Ad previews in the center of the screen to find out which Ad placements will contain text.
You must add one or more videos to your Ad.
The following video files are supported:
- File type:
- 3g2, 3gp, 3gpp, x-ms-asf, x-msvideo, msvideo, avi, dat, divx, dv, f4v, x-flv, m2ts, x-m4v, x-matroska, mod, quicktime, mp4, mpe, mpeg, mpeg4, mpg, mts, nsv, ogm, ogv, qt, tod, MP2T, vob, wmv, x-ms-wmv.
- File properties:
- File size:
- Up to 30MB.
- Up to 120 minutes.
- Frame rate:
- 30 fps.
- Video size:
- Portrait video:
- 720 x 1200 pixels (9:16 aspect ratio).
- Landscape video:
- 1200 x 720 pixels (16:9 aspect ratio).
- Video thumbnails:
- File type:
- JPG, JPEG, PNG.
- File properties:
- File size: Up to 1 MB.
- Image size:
- Same as video dimensions.
- Call to Action
You can choose the text for the Call to Action button of your Ad.
There are a variety of options depending on the chosen Objective and Placement.
For the Page Likes Campaign Objective, your Call to Action button automatically becomes a 'thumbs up' button.
- Link to promote
The Call to Action button will point users to this location, as does the link preview under the video.
If you've chosen the Campaign Objectives Traffic (App), Conversion (App), or App Installs, the field is automatically populated with a link from your Ad Set.
- Headline (Optional)
The character limit is 40 characters including spaces. Some placements support more characters.
Not all placements objectives support an Ad Headline. Review the various Ad previews in the center of the screen to find out which placements of your Ad will contain your Headline.
- Description (Optional)
- You can add additional text to emphasize why people should visit your website.
- Display Link (Optional)
- This is the link that users will see when they see your Ad, as opposed to the one you added earlier under the 'Link to promote' option.
- Dark Post (Optional)
- Checking this box will make the Ad a Dark Post. These posts do not appear on your timeline as an organic version of your Ad, but only in the spaces of their chosen placement.
- Ad Duration (Optional)
- This is inherited from the Ad Set by default, but as a Falcon-unique feature, you can define an alternative duration, after which the Ad will be stopped.
- Labels (Optional)
Add internal Falcon labels to your Ad. These make the Ad easier to locate in the Publish and Advertise modules.
Labels already assigned to your Campaigns and Ad Sets will be automatically added.
- URL tags (Optional)
- With URL parameters you can track how your links are performing, such as which link is getting the most traffic, where it's coming from, and what kinds of users are clicking it. If you wish to analyze the data, a website analytics tool such as Google Analytics is required.
- Facebook Pixel (Optional)
You have the option of adding a Facebook Pixel to your Ad.
For Ads with a Conversions objective, the Pixel is inherited from the Ad Set and can't be changed. For all other Objectives, the Pixel is added by default but can be changed.
Not all options can appear under all placements. For example, the Ad text and Description will not appear for the 'Facebook Right Column' placement, as can be seen in the Preview.
Furthermore, sometimes an option is pre-populated from your Campaign or Ad Set. For example, with the 'Page Likes' Campaign Objective your Call to Action button is automatically a 'Thumbs Up' button.
Review the look of your Ad under different placings. You can choose the following placements to preview your Ad for, by clicking the dropdown list at the top of the Preview section.
- Facebook News Feed
- Facebook Instant Articles
- Facebook In-Stream Videos
- Facebook Right Column
- Facebook Suggested Videos
- Instagram Feed/Stream
- Instagram Stories
- Audience Network Native, Banner and Interstitial
- Audience Network In-Stream Videos
- Audience Network Rewarded Videos
- When you're satisfied with the Ad to be created, click Finish Ad in the top right. This will publish or schedule it, depending on the start date of your Ad Set.