Dashboards are a powerful tool to house the Channels and KPIs you frequently report on. Set them up once and return to them on a continuing basis to report on the latest data.
You can find your Dashboards at the top of the Measure section. You can still find the legacy Measure reports below them.
Creating a Dashboard
Go to Measure and click the 'Create Dashboard' card next to any existing Dashboards. Alternatively, you can click 'Create Report' in the top right, and switch to creating a Dashboard through the 'Switch to Dashboards' button in the top right.
Choose one of the predefined templates or start with a blank Dashboard by clicking on the 'Build your own' card. Hover over the templates for a brief description.
Curious about the templates you can choose from? You can find descriptions for them here.
You can always switch back to creating a legacy report with the 'Switch to Reports' button in the top right. This button will only be available to Team Lead and Admin users, according to the legacy governance model.
After choosing a template, you’ll be invited to name the new Dashboard in the top left.
Choosing a descriptive name for your dashboard is a good practice, as this will help you find it in the Measure overview section. We recommend choosing a name that includes the brand, location, time interval, and your KPIs/objectives (such as 'Falcon CPH Weekly Engagement').
After you've named your Dashboard, you’ll be able to access the channel selector. Here, you can filter through your Channels and select the ones you want included in the Dashboard.
Finish the creation flow by clicking the 'Create Dashboard' button. To fill out your newly created Dashboard with Widgets, be sure to follow the guide below on how to edit your Dashboards.
Editing a Dashboard
After creating a new dashboard or opening an existing one, you see the dashboard in 'View' mode. In this mode, you can change the date range in the top right, and filter for Channels in the top left.
You can switch to the 'Edit' mode to configure your Dashboard and add, edit, or remove Widgets, as well as add or remove Channels. Click on the pencil button in the top right to enter the Edit mode.
In Edit mode, you can take the following actions:
- Add new Widgets
- Click the '+ Add Widget' button at the top or bottom of your existing Widgets.
- Remove Widgets
- Click on the recycle bin icon at the top right of the Widget.
- Reorder Widgets by dragging and dropping
- Click on the top bar of the Widget and drag it to the desired position. Other widgets will move out of the way automatically and fill any empty rows.
- Resize Widgets
- Click on the bottom right corner of the Widget and drag it to the desired size along the x and y-axis. Clicking and dragging any edge of a Widget will only resize it along that specific axis.
- Rename and change the KPIs of a Widget
- Both are done by clicking the pencil icon in the top right of the Widget and performing your actions in the menu that pops up.
- Add or remove Channels to report on
- Click on ‘Manage Channels’ in the top left of the Dashboard. The resulting menu will have options to add or remove Channels. All Widgets will automatically update with your changes to the Channel.
Once the Dashboard is to your liking, you can click 'Save Dashboard' in the top right to save your changes and return to the View mode. If you want to discard the changes you've made, simply click 'Cancel'.
Deleting a Dashboard
A Dashboard can be deleted in two ways:
When viewing the Dashboard, click on the recycle bin icon in the top right.
When in the Measure overview section, click the settings button of the dashboard in the top right of the card, and choose 'Delete'.