Facebook has deprecated the support for third-party tools, including Falcon, to create album posts through the Facebook API. Therefore, Falcon has suspended support for the creation of Facebook album posts as of August 3, 2020.
Images can still be added to existing albums from inside Falcon. The remainder of this article includes instructions on how you can add your images to any existing Facebook albums.
Albums are a type of Facebook post in which you can bring any number of images together. Facebook will create an album for your images under the Photos section of your Page. A link to the album is posted on your timeline.
From inside Falcon, you can always add images to existing albums. Creating a new album is currently not supported. We recommend to create your album on Facebook, after which you can add your images through the convenient Falcon interface from any of your storage locations.
Here’s how you can add images to an existing album post from within Falcon:
- In the Publish module, click 'Create Post' in the top left.
- Choose the network and Channel(s) you want to add your album images to.
- Add one or more images in any of the following ways:
- Drag and drop one or more image files to the file area.
- Click the file area to open a local file browser. Choose the files to add from there.
- Click the 'Cloud' link to open a file picker popup from where you can access various cloud storages such as Google Drive or Dropbox.
- While hovering over the file area, click the 'Content Pool' link to select files stored in the Content Pool.
You can edit your images using the built-in Photo Editor by clicking the blue pencil button to the right of the image.
- Once you're happy with your content, click the Publish, Schedule, or 'Send for Approval' button.
After your images are added, Facebook users can engage with either your album post, or with any individual images within the album. Therefore, Falcon will index the post on your timeline as one post and all images as separate posts.