With Falcon.io, you can integrate your own branded vanity URLs to help boost brand recognition and increase customer engagement on your published posts.
By default, shortened links will use the fal.cn prefix, however you can now customize this to match your brand while hiding any added Campaign Tracking parameters.
Vanity URL Setup
You will first need to purchase the actual short URL through a domain vendor. Once you’ve decided on a URL and purchased it, please reach out to the Falcon Support team.
You will then be asked to provide additional information in regards to your request such as the vanity URL’s DNS settings.
You may require technical assistance from your IT department.
- How long does the process take?
- Once our team confirms that the right setup is in place, the vanity URL will be implemented within 48 hours.
- Can I have more than one vanity URL integrated per organization?
- Yes, vanity URLs are channel based. This means that you could have as many different vanity URLs integrated as you have channels in the Falcon platform.
- Do we have some link click stats for shortened URLs created in Falcon?
- At the moment we do not have any link click stats for shortened URLs created in Falcon. It is something we would like to have in the future though.
- If I used my vanity URL with another shortening service, what will happen to my old URLs after I move the vanity URL to Falcon?
- If you decide to migrate your vanity URL from another shortening service to Falcon, we can re-create your old URLs via our shortener to make sure that they continue to work after the migration. We just need you to provide us with a list of all old vanity URLs and the target URLs (usually a CSV file), so we can re-create them on our end. Also, in these cases we need to coordinate the migration date with the customer, so we can achieve as little downtime as possible.
- Is it possible to use a sub-domain as vanity URL?
- Yes, it’s possible to use sub-domains to already in-use domains as vanity URLs. Please note however that only sub-domains, and not sub-folders are applicable.
- I want to track incoming traffic to my website from the links I publish on social. Is that possible through Falcon?
- Yes. By utilizing Campaign Tracking you can track incoming traffic to your website.
- What do I need to configure in our system?
- Update the A record to point to our IPs
- Update the AAAA record to point to IPv6s
A & AAAA records can be updated at any time and you don't need to wait for Falcon to prepare the infrastructure first.