Two-factor authentication (2FA) adds an extra layer of security to the login process in order to enhance the protection of your Falcon account. The new login process requires you to sign in using your username and password, as well as a mobile device.
The Falcon platform will generate a QR code, which you can scan by installing an authentication app, such as Google Authenticator or any authentication app. As a user, you will be asked to open the authentication app on your phone and insert a 6-digit authorization code. Each code is unique and changes every 30 seconds. The process will link your Falcon account to your mobile device.
How to enable 2FA
- Hover over your profile picture in the bottom-left corner of the platform, select Settings and go to the Security tab under My profile.
- Install Google Authenticator or any other 2FA app on your mobile device.
- Open your Authenticator app and scan the barcode or manually enter the key below.
- Enter the 6-digit code from the app into the Code field under point 3 and then click Save.
You can only link one mobile device to your account.
If the camera on your mobile device is broken, you will be asked to manually type a password to activate the feature.
Lost your phone? Reach out to the Falcon Support team to get your 2FA reset.
Another way to make your account more secure is to use the most popular social networks’ login mechanisms instead of Falcon’s. As a user, you can link your Falcon account to one social account per network. Supported networks include:
How to enable Social Login
- Hover over your profile picture in the bottom-left corner of the Platform and select Settings.
- Go to the Social login tab under My profile.
- Click the Connect button. If you are already logged in to your social media account, then both of the accounts will be linked instantly. If you are not logged in to your social media account, then a pop-up window will appear where the selected network will ask for your login credentials (any additional step depends on the social network's security settings).
- Once the accounts have been linked, you can click on the respective social network’s button on the login screen and have access to the Falcon platform.