Here are the system requirements needed to ensure an optimal experience with the Falcon platform.
Recommended Browsers and Versions
We recommend using the latest version of your browser and update as soon as a newer version is available. You can check the current version you are using by going to the Settings menu of the browser and navigate to the About section.
Supported browsers are:
- Chrome (evergreen)
- Firefox (evergreen)
- Safari (evergreen)
- Microsoft Edge (evergreen)
Due to security and functionality considerations, the Falcon platform is inaccessible through unsupported browsers or outdated browser versions.
The Google Chrome browser has proven to be the most stable environment for the Falcon platform. We highly recommend using Chrome for an optimal experience.
Proxies, Firewalls, and Whitelisting
An important factor in the performance of Falcon on your system is whether or not you are accessing the Internet through a proxy server, VPN, or firewall.
These setups could potentially hinder traffic and thus impact loading times, or cause Falcon to time out while loading.
In case of performance issues, please check with your IT department whether proxies, VPNs, and firewalls are in place. If so, please ask your IT department to get the following URLs whitelisted:
It is also required to allow http, https, and websocket traffic to enable full access to all Falcon features.
Working from home through a company-provided VPN? Please ensure that both your home internet connection, as well as your company's VPN setup, have whitelisted the above domains. Firewall software can be active both on your local computer as well as on your company's VPN setup.
Ad Blockers and Other Browser Extensions
We recommend to turn off your Ad Blocker when using Falcon. The Advertise module, in particular, will experience loading issues when an Ad Blocker is active.
Other Browser Extensions might also interfere with Falcon functionality. We advise to turn them off should you experience degraded performance or other issues.
To optimize your experience, we recommend the following:
- Desktop or laptop computers
- For an optimal experience, be sure to use Falcon on a desktop or laptop computer. Using Falcon on tablet devices, such as the iPad, is not recommended.
- Processing speed
- Be aware that additional programs, tabs, and browsers use your RAM. When you run other programs, this impacts the performance of all your programs, and therefore the Falcon platform. When you use one or more 'heavy' programs (e.g presentations, photo or video editing software) we recommend a minimum of 4GB RAM and upwards.
- Internet Speed
- Because Falcon is a SaaS platform operating in the cloud, the performance is highly dependent on your internet connection. For an optimal experience, we recommend a minimum internet speed of 1Mbps per user.