Facebook announced a series of changes to their Instagram API's, including the launch of the new Hashtag Search API. Due to these changes, we have adjusted certain Instagram capabilities supported within the Listen product. The below changes are expected to take effect on December 10, 2018:
Certain information for mentions will be anonymous.
- Instagram will no longer deliver information regarding the author of the content.
- Instagram will no longer deliver location data on content.
- The timestamps shown on Instagram mentions will indicate the time when they were indexed by Falcon, instead of when they were created on the network natively.
Instagram will limit how many keywords you can listen to.
- A maximum of 30 keywords can be listened to on Instagram at the same time per connected Instagram Business Account. For example, three connected Business Accounts will allow for a total of 90 keywords across all Listen projects.
- Once the above limit is reached, no user can create a new Listen topic or add keywords to existing topics, where Instagram is enabled as a source.
If you would like to listen to more keywords, we recommend you perform the following actions before December 10:
- Remove unwanted keywords from topics that have Instagram as a source;
- Remove unwanted topics that have Instagram as a source;
- Connect additional Instagram Business Accounts to Falcon. Read about connecting Instagram accounts here;
- Disable Instagram as a source in a topic.
You may use the same keyword multiple times in different projects, and it will only count once towards the Instagram limit.