Overview: projects vs topics
One of the key features in Listen is the possibility to group topics into projects - making it easy to track key campaigns, or specific business categories. We refer to each of these groupings as Projects.
- A project contains a list of topics that you are listening to, or monitoring.
- Examples: PR, Campaign X, New product, Segment of your business.
- Each project will appear in the landing view on Listening, with some key metrics as well as a list of the top 10 topics.
- Within a project, you can see an overall report of the total performance of all topics, as well as a live stream of most recent mentions for the project.
- From the project report, you can drill down into each topic, to see a detailed report specifically for that topic.
- A topic is the title you give to the keyword, phrase, or area you are listening to.
- Could be a hashtag, competitor name or campaign title.
- The exact term or phrase you are listening to.
Building listen projects
- Create a Project: Pick Create New Project, name the project and select Save & Continue. Examples: Competitors, Campaigns, Brand Names.
- Create a Topic: Once you have named and saved your project, the next step is to create Topics. Under the Topics box, select New Topic.
- Create a Query: Using the Query Builder you can now configure actual listening queries. Once you have added a Topic, you will be able to create the actual query. Consult the Cheatsheet in the platform to refine your listening queries and filter out noise. Be creative, but also remember to keep it simple.
Add any filters and test your query.
The languages available to filter by are: Arabic, Danish, German, Greek, English, Spanish, Persian, Finnish, French, Hebrew, Italian, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian and Chinese.
Once you have set up language filters, a preview of your results for this topic will show instantly.
- Evaluate the preview of your results and save your query: Once satisfied with the sample results, Save.
- Define access level: The last step in your project setup is to set the access level to determine who will have access to your listening project. You have three options:
- Admins: only users with an administrator role will have access to the listening project.
- Everyone: all users in your organization will be able to view the listening project.
- Teams: you can also customize who can view your listening project at a team level, and grant access to specific teams only.
- Editing: If you would like to e.g. edit the query for one of your topics or add a whole new topic to your project, just select your project from the left-hand side menu and click the Edit icon.
Refined queries = relevant results. Check out our guide to Boolean operators here.