Add your channel in a few short steps
- Hover over your user icon in the lower left-hand corner of the platform and select Settings from the menu.
- Click on Channels under Channel Settings.
- Click on the Add Channels button.
- Choose the network you would like to connect: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, WhatsApp, or LinkedIn.
Authorize each of the permission requests that are asked of you.
It is imperative to grant all required permissions. Please refer to the network-specific instructions below in this article for detailed instructions per network.
- Select the pages you would like to add to Falcon and choose Connect (X) Channels.
Be sure you have the login details ready for each of your social media channels, and that you have the required administrative rights for the pages that you want to add (example: you must have 'Manage Page' permissions for your Facebook pages).
Follow the step-by-step above and take the additional steps per network below.
When connecting a Facebook Channel, you'll be asked to provide Falcon permissions to connect to your Channels.
Please bear in mind that only Facebook Pages can be connected to Falcon. Personal profiles are currently not supported.
The following actions should be taken to grant the required permissions:
In the first screen, click 'Continue as *your username*'.
Choose 'Select All'. Facebook does not grant certain required permissions if not all channels are selected. Falcon will never retrieve data for Channels that you don't connected to our platform, regardless of the permissions you grant here. Click 'Next'.
Grant Falcon all permissions listed. If any permissions are not granted, your connected Facebook Channels will experience a loss of functionality in Falcon. Then click 'Done'.
Upon connecting any Facebook Page to Falcon, you are asked by Facebook to grant permissions for managing that Page.
However, Facebook requests these permissions not just for the Page you are connecting but rather for all Pages in the Business Manager. It means that in the above step 2, you need to select all Facebook Pages. Furthermore, all listed permissions in step 3 are required by Falcon.
In the final screen, click 'Ok'. You'll be taken back to Falcon where you can complete the connection process.
Before you get started please ensure that you meet the following two criteria:
- Your Instagram account should be a Business Account. Not sure how to switch from a personal account to a business account? Read on!
- You should be an Admin in the Facebook Business Manager, of the Facebook page that your Instagram account is connected to.
Instagram has three kinds of accounts: Personal, Creator, and Business. Only Business Accounts can be connected to Falcon.
Switch to an Instagram Business Account on your Instagram mobile app
The first requirement is to convert your Instagram account to a Business Account. You can find instructions on converting your account here. During this process, you get to choose a Facebook Page to associate your Instagram Business Account with.
If your account is already a Business Account, but connected to a different Facebook Page, you can change the associated Page by logging into your Instagram app on your phone and going to Settings > Account > Linked accounts. There, you can switch to the right Facebook Page.
Alternative: Claim or create an Instagram Business Account via Facebook
To create an Instagram Business Account, it has to be connected to your Facebook page. To enable this, it is important that you are an Admin of the Facebook Page.
- On your Facebook Business page, go to Page Settings and claim an existing Instagram account or create a new Instagram account. This is required in order for us to be able to query that Instagram account's metrics into the Falcon platform.
- Click on Get Started under "Switch to a Business Profile"
- Follow the prompted messages. In order for your Instagram account to be properly converted to a Business Profile, you will need to provide an email address, phone number, or a website.
- Once this is complete, refresh your Facebook channels in Falcon by following the steps below.
The connection to the Instagram business profile will expire after 60 days of inactivity by default. In addition to this, only one Facebook business page may claim one Instagram business profile.
Connect the Instagram Channel to Falcon
- In Settings, find the Channel Settings section and click on Channels.
- Click on the Connect button under the Instagram logo.
- You will be prompted to check whether you have connected your Instagram account to your Facebook page. If you are unsure how to create the connection, please see the steps above. If you have made the connection and you have an Instagram Business account, please click Done.
- Once the connection between Instagram and Facebook is complete, check the box next to the Instagram account(s) that you would like to connect to Falcon.
- Select the teams to which you want to connect the account by clicking on their names.
- Click on the Finish button to complete the connection.
- To see the connected channel(s) in the list, please refresh this Channels page in Settings.
- Select Authorize App.
- You'll be redirected back to Falcon.
You can connect any LinkedIn company Page to Falcon. Personal profiles are currently not supported.
No more than 20 LinkedIn Pages can be connected to Falcon through the same LinkedIn user. If you manage upwards of 20 Pages, please be sure to connect those Pages to Falcon in batches of maximum 20, with each batch getting connected through a separate LinkedIn user.
- Sign into LinkedIn and approve access for Falcon.
- Select Continue. You'll be redirected back to Falcon.
Your LinkedIn page will disconnect from Falcon every 60 days. This is a requirement of LinkedIn's API. To help keep the page connected, you'll get an email reminder each time the page disconnects.
- Select Accept.
- You'll be redirected back to Falcon.
Connecting a WhatsApp Channel to Falcon is preceded by a series of steps to get your number approved by WhatsApp. We've created a separate guide for the connection process here.