Properly setting up your campaigns can help you better organize, optimize and measure the performance of your ads. The right structure can help you:
- Measure results. Choose an advertising objective for each of your campaigns to help you better measure results and allocate budgets to achieve goals.
- Test different audiences. Create an ad set for each audience so you can determine the most responsive audiences.
- Identify which ads work better. Easily create multiple ads so our system can optimize for the top performing ad based on variations in images, links, video or text.
Creating new campaigns
Click the Create New Campaign button in the top right-hand corner, which will open a pop-up window where you can start building your campaign.
Pick the right objective for your campaign
- Get people to take valuable actions on your website, app or in Messenger, such as adding payment info or making a purchase. Use Facebook pixels to measure and optimize Ads for conversions. Like the objective Traffic, this objective is suitable for link clicks/website traffic. What differentiates it from the other objective is that it requires you to specify a conversion traffic pixel to optimize for.
- Lead Generation
- Collect lead information from people interested in your business, such as names, emails, and addresses.
- App Installs
- Send people to the app store where they can download your app. App Install ads promote your app to people who have not yet installed it. You can track how many new installs you generate, and you can choose to pay for successful new installs only.
- Send more people to a destination on or off Facebook such as a website, app or Messenger conversation. If you are promoting sales through a webshop or if your purpose is to drive traffic to a website off Facebook, then the Traffic objective is the right option for you. Using this will increase the number of clicks on your links. It gives you the option of using a specific landing page as the optimization objective for your ad sets.
- Post Engagement
- Get more people to see and engage with your posts. Engagement can include comments, shares, likes and offer claims. Choosing Engagement ensures that your ads are targeting people who are more likely to engage with your content.
- Page Likes
- Connect more people with your Page. This is a different kind of objective that does not promote your posts - instead, it creates Page Like Ads. This Ad type is designed to recruit more fans for your Facebook page and is excellent for new pages that want to build a fan base quickly.
- Brand Awareness
- Reach people more likely to pay attention to your ads and increase awareness for your brand.
- Video Views
- Promote videos that show behind-the-scenes footage, product launches or customer stories to raise awareness about your brand.
- The reach objective is for advertisers who want to maximize how many people see their ads and how often. With this objective, advertisers can also maximize the number of impressions they serve, through impressions optimization. This objective is very good when wanting to reach smaller audiences, as you can optimize for range and frequency control. This is relevant when you target smaller audiences to avoid spam and spend too much money on few people.
After choosing your objective, give your campaign a title, add labels and choose to set a budget at the campaign level.
Special Ad categories
If you're creating promotions from inside the United States, or are targeting it, and your content offers credit, employment, or housing, you must select the corresponding Special Ad category for your Campaigns. Indicating such a category is required by Facebook to prevent discrimination.
When you select one of the Special Ad categories, your audience selection will be limited for the Ad Sets you create under the Campaign. The following limitations will become effective:
- Age targeting is defaulted to 18-65+.
- Gender selection is setto include all genders.
- Including or excluding some detailed targeting options becomes unavailable, such as certain demographics, behaviors, or interests.
- Location selection must include all areas within a 15-mile radius of any selected city, address or dropped pin. ZIP Code selection is unavailable.
The table below the Statistics graph lists all of your Campaigns.
Use the Actions button to the right of a Campaign you are working with in order to:
- Create Ad Set
- Read more about creating and managing ad sets in the following article.
- Play / Pause
- Set the Campaign live by selecting Play or stop it by selecting Pause.
- Filter by this
- Quickly jump into the ad sets in this Campaign.
- Open in Ads Manager
- View the Campaign natively on Facebook's Ad Manager.
- Edit Campaign
- Change the options that define the campaign parameters. This is where you can edit and add labels for the Campaigns.
- Remove the Campaign and all assets under it.
The statistics section will give you an overview of the performance of your campaigns. You can apply various filters, search for labels, and change the date range in order to customize your view. Read the following article on insights and analytics within Advertise.