We've made your content strategy workflow even easier in Falcon. Users with a Content Creator role can create posts in Publish and assign the content to users with approval and publishing permissions. This workflow is a great way to make sure that your posts get an editorial review before going live.
Users with the permissions of a Content Creator or higher can create posts in the Publish module. Only Editor users or higher can directly publish their content though. That means a Content Creator in Falcon must always submit their new content for approval to at least one Editor, Team Lead, or Admin user.
Users with Editor, Team Lead, or Admin permissions are set to publish or schedule content directly by default but they can also choose to send it for approval.
Submitting content for approval
When submitting content for approval, there are four available option:
- a single approver
- multiple approvers, any of them can approve and publish on their own
- multiple approvers, all need to approve before the post is published
- Anyone with approval rights can approve and publish
Here's how to send your content for approval:
- While creating a post in the Publish Editor, scroll down in the left-hand section of the Editor, to the section 'Approval', and click to unfold it.
Choose the appropriate approval option out of the four options described above. Either add one approver, multiple approvers, or choose the 'Anyone' options. For multiple approvers, make sure to select the 'Any' or 'All' option that fits your chosen approval method.
- Click the 'Send for Approval' button under the post preview.
Your post is now moved to the 'Awaiting approval' section in Publish. An email is sent to notify the chosen approver(s) and a pending task is added to their Home module. If your post is approved and gets published, you will receive a publish notification.
At any time during the approval process, you can check the status of the approval by navigating to the post in the 'Awaiting approval' section and viewing the status card in the top right. There you can see which approvers have given their approval and which are still pending.
If the post is not quite ready for publication yet, each approver can 'ask for changes'. An email notification is sent to your inbox, and a note from your colleague next to the post will detail the changes that are needed. Once these changes are implemented, the post can be re-submitted for approval.
Approving content or asking for changes
As an approver, you'll receive an email for any content waiting to be approved by you. The Home section of Falcon will also contain the approval requests in your Tasks section.
You can only approve (and will only receive approval notifications for) posts that you have been assigned to as an approver. Admin users are an exception to this rule, they can approve any content regardless of the assigned approvers.
If a post needs adjustments before it can be approved, you can 'ask for changes'. This option lets you leave a note for the post creator about which changes are required. After the adjustments, the post can be re-submitted for approval.
You can review content as follows:
- The link in an approval email will take you straight to the content. Alternatively, you can always find content waiting for approval in the 'Awaiting approval' section of Publish. Clicking on any of the content there will take you to the Publish Editor.
Review the post and decide if it needs changes or if it can be published.
- Either click the 'Ask for changes' button or choose the 'Approve & Publish Now' or 'Approve & Schedule' option.
Approving content in bulk
Content approvers can save time viewing and approving each post individually by visiting Publish > Awaiting Approval and approving posts in bulk. Please visit the full guide to approving posts in bulk here.