Geo-gating allows you to specify exactly who you would like to see your Facebook message/post based on their location. Considering the plethora of activity going on across social media every day - this feature will help you stand out by keeping your messages as relevant and targeted as possible.
How to geo-gate your content.
- Under Publish, select Create New Post.
- Choose the page you would like to post to - note that you can choose multiple pages.
- Enter your message (and/or selected media, i.e. link, video, photo) and scroll down to Geo-Targeting.
- Choose the Country from the drop-down list and select Add to confirm.
- Additional options such as City and Region will appear once you select the Country
- Select Publish or Schedule and your message will appear only to users with profiles that correspond with your geo-targeting selection.
How to set default geo-gating for a user.
In a Falcon profile, you can save a geo-gating template so that a user will always target a specific country. To set or change the targeting preferences for user:
- Go to Settings in the bottom left menu.
- Go to Users, select a user profile, and click Show Advanced.
- Set the geo-targeting template for the profile under the option Geo targeting.
- Click Save Changes.