Sharpen your mentions with filters that cut the noise.
There are various filters you can set such as language, country, sentiment, url, media, and Twitter Follower filters that help you to generate more relevant and targeted results.
The information in this article relates to the classic version of the Listen module. For information on building advanced queries in Listen | Powered by Brandwatch, please visit the guide here.
Focus Your Efforts
- When creating new topics or editing existing ones you can find Filters just below the Query Builder.
- Simply choose appropriate filters from the drop-down menu, adjust the settings.
- When you're satisfied with your query, press Save.
- With 183 languages to choose from you can find localized mentions.
- Choose to narrow down the search results to a specific country associated with the Tweet. You can use operators IS (only retrieve Tweets from a specific list of countries) and NOT (exclude Tweets from the list of specific countries) to focus your search.
- Filtering by positive, negative, neutral sentiment or no sentiment provides some qualitative indicators of your mentions.
- Search for a specific URL that appears in the mentions. You can use this for example, if you have a specific campaign page that you are promoting.
- Find interesting user generated content with mentions only containing video and/or images.
- Twitter Followers
- Retrieve Twitter mentions based on the author's follower count by selecting between 1 to RANGE to specify the minimum and/or maximum amount of followers desired.
Besides the Query Builder you can also choose further filters in the Advanced Builder. As an example, using the From filter, you can search by a specific Twitter user to only see tweets from that user.
Use multiple filters for exact searches. Be specific but not too granular.