- How do I follow a Twitter user in Engage?
Within Engage, click on the Twitter user's name to bring up their user card. Select Follow User to begin following them.
Here's a quick guide:
- How do I clear all my unread messages in Engage?
From within your organization’s settings, select Channels and click on the relevant channel. From the popup window, choose the date range to mark as read to and select Mark as read. The system will then mark any unread messages as read up until the date you choose.
- Which method are we using for the sentiment analysis?
We've partnered with Semantria to provide comment-level sentiment analysis. Semantria extracts the sentiment of a document through the following steps:
- Semantria breaks the document into its basic parts of speech, called POS tags, which identify the structural elements of a sentence (e.g. nouns, adjectives, verbs, and adverbs).
- Algorithms identify sentiment-bearing phrases like "terrible service" or "cool atmosphere."
- Each sentiment-bearing phrase earns a score based on a logarithmic scale ranging between -10 and 10.
- Semantria combines the scores to determine the overall sentiment of the document or sentence. Document scores range between -2 and 2.
For example, to calculate the sentiment of a phrase such as “terrible service,” Semantria uses search engine queries similar to the following:
- “(Terrible service) near (good, wonderful, spectacular)”
- “(Terrible service) near (bad, horrible, awful)”
Each result is added to a hit count; these are then combined using a mathematic operation called “log odds ratio” to determine the final score of a given phrase.
- If you label a comment as spam, does it get marked as spam on the native network as well?
- A comment will only be marked as spam within Falcon and not on the native network. After marking a comment as spam in Falcon, you can choose to delete the comment and still maintain a record of it's original content. Please find more information regarding spam filtering here.
- Do I get an alert when notes are added to a comment?
- There is currently no option to get a notification when notes have been added to a comment. However, the "notes" button will be highlighted in blue to make users aware of the fact that there are notes attached to this thread.
- How do you calculate the number of new messages?
- The number of messages in the left-hand menu reflects the number of conversations that contain unread comments or messages. So if one conversation thread has 100 unread comments - we will show that you have one new conversation to review.
- Why are no LinkedIn customers included in my Engage exports?
- To remain compliant with LinkedIn's terms of service, it's not possible to include LinkedIn customers, customer data, or conversations in exports from both Audience and Engage.