The sync is one-way from Salesforce to the Falcon platform. That means that the access that Falcon requires is read-only, so your Salesforce data won’t be affected. Furthermore, during the import process you will have full control over the data fields being imported.
Creating a User Profile for Falcon in Salesforce.
The following steps have to be performed by the Salesforce administrator in your organization. Your admin has to set certain permissions in Salesforce to allow Falcon access to your data. Again, Falcon requests read only access, so we won’t make any changes to your Salesforce data.
This guide assumes you are using Salesforce’s Lightning interface.
Creating a new profile
- As a Salesforce admin, go to Setup / User / Profiles
- Click on New profile.
- Select Read only, name the profile Falcon.io, then click Save.
- Set Profile Permissions: Click Edit on the profile page that follows and check the permissions below.
- Administrative Permissions: Make sure the following box is checked: API Enabled.
Recommended setting: Password never expires. By checking this setting, you avoid having to reset your password after 90 days and to reestablish the connection to Falcon.io. It will ensure that the data sync will continue running smoothly in the background at all times.
Standard Object Permissions: Please enable Read and View all access for Contacts.
These two are the minimum required permissions. If you prefer to revoke the not required ones that were already pre-checked, feel free to do so.
When finished, click Save at the bottom of the page.
Assigning the Falcon Profile to a Salesforce User Account
In addition to the Falcon.io profile, a Salesforce user account is needed to establish the connection.
- If you already have a Salesforce account, your admin needs to assign the Falcon.io profile to that account.
- If you don't have a Salesforce account, the Salesforce admin in your organization needs to set up one for you.
In both cases, the Salesforce user account needs to have the newly created Falcon.io profile assigned to it. Alternatively, an already existing profile with the same permissions covered above.
In order to assign the Falcon.io to a Salesforce account, go to the respective account settings and select the Falcon.io profile. Then click Save.
Establishing a Connection From Falcon to Salesforce
After the Falcon.io profile and user account have been successfully set up in Salesforce, login to Falcon.io.
Hover over you profile picture followed by Settings. In the menu on the left hand side, click Integrations & API and finally on the Salesforce Connect button.
These two steps will follow:
- A pop-up with the Salesforce login page will appear. Enter your credentials and log in to continue.
- Allow Access to the listed permissions
After allowing access, you will be redirected to the integrations page, where the status should now be updated to Connected. The connection is now successfully established!
After successfully connecting your system to Falcon, you will need to set up a synchronization to begin importing and syncing your contacts. You can read more on how to do that here.