The sync is one-way from Microsoft Dynamics CRM to the Falcon platform. That means that the access that Falcon requires is read-only, so your Microsoft Dynamics data won’t be affected. Furthermore, during the import process, you will have full control over the data fields being imported.
Enable Integrated Apps in Dynamics
The following steps must be performed by your organization’s Microsoft Dynamics CRM administrator. Your admin will need to set the necessary permissions in Microsoft Dynamics to allow Falcon to access your data:
- Login to Microsoft 365 here: https://login.microsoftonline.com and open the Admin app.
- In the left menu bar click Show More > Settings > Services & add-ins
- Go to Integrated Apps. Turn it on, and click Save.
You can read more about Integrated Apps here.
Retrieve Your Dynamics Domain
The second step is to retrieve your Dynamics domain. For this your Dynamics admin can follow the below steps:
- Click on Dynamics 365 under Services & add-ins, and click on ‘Manage your Dynamics 365 settings’. This will open a new browser tab.
- From the new Tab, select the relevant Dynamics instance and click on Edit. Under the Url. option you can find your Dynamics domain. Please copy this, including the '.crm4.dynamics.com' part. It should look like 'yourcompany.crm4.dynamics.com'.
Establish the Dynamics Integration in Falcon
- In Falcon, go to Settings > Integrations & API, and click Connect for Microsoft Dynamics.
- Fill out your Username, Password, and the domain you wrote down previously. Click Connect.
- Refresh the page. Now your Microsoft Dynamics account should show as connected.
After successfully connecting your system to Falcon, you will need to set up a synchronization to begin importing and syncing your contacts. You can read more on how to do that here.