IGTV in Measure and Engage
Thanks to recent changes to Instagram’s API, it’s now possible to interact with your IGTV conversations in Engage and report on your IGTV posts in Measure.
Provided your Instagram Channels are successfully connected to Falcon already, there are no additional steps you need to take to be able to interact and report on IGTV posts in Falcon.
To get started viewing your IGTV posts in Engage, you can simply create a new feed for your Instagram content by following the steps below:
- In Engage, click Add feed from the top right.
- Beside On network(s), click the Instagram icon.
- Beside Of type(s), use the dropdown to select Own post.
- If applicable, use other fields to specify Channels, Marked as read rules, or assigned users.
- Click Save feed.
In Measure, your IGTV posts will now be displayed in any Content Performance widget which includes your Instagram Channel. To set up a new Dashboard to view your IGTV content, please follow the steps below:
- In Measure, from the top of the page, click the Dashboards tab.
- Click Create Dashboard.
- From the list of templates, select either Instagram Overview or Content Performance.
- At the top of the page, choose a name for your Dashboard.
- Using the checkboxes, select the Instagram Channels you would like to include. If needed, use the All Networks dropdown to filter for Instagram Channels.
- Click Create Dashboard.
In the Content Performance widget of your Dashboard, you IGTV posts will be displayed as videos along with an IGTV marker as shown below. In addition, you can use the Placement Filter to view only IGTV posts.
When publishing IGTV posts on Instagram, please select Post a Preview to ensure that the content is visible on your profile and feed. IGTV posts which have not been published to the feed will not be indexed in Engage or Measure.
Settings & Channels
Keep up to date with any potential issues with your Channel’s connection status in Falcon with the new Channel warnings.
In both Settings and Engage, you will now receive notifications in any the following scenarios:
- Falcon no longer has access to your Facebook Channel’s DMs.
- Falcon no longer has access to your Instagram Channel’s DMs.
- Your Instagram Channel has not enabled Advanced Messaging in the Instagram app.
In Engage, you will see a warning at the top of the page advising that either your feeds may contain Channels with connection issues or your Instagram Channels may not have enabled Advanced Messaging.
In Settings, you can visit Channels to see an Action Required warning on the right-hand side of each affected Channel. Hover over the warnings for more information.
Thankfully, if any warnings appear, they can be resolved easily. If Falcon no longer has access to your Facebook or Instagram Channel’s DMs, please ask any user with a user role of Team Leader or Admin to refresh the connection to your Channels.
If your Instagram Channel has not yet enabled Advanced Messaging, any Falcon user with access to the Instagram Account via the Instagram App can enable it by following the guide here.
Messenger Updates for EU-Based Pages
Great news for EU-based Facebook and Instagram Messenger users. Since December 2020, Facebook had announced a series of changes to the EU-based customer experience when handling conversations both directly and via third-party platforms like Falcon. Thankfully, on April 14, 2012, Facebook announced that all changes and restrictions were removed entirely. For more information on the changes that took place, please visit our guide here.