In this article, find out what types of YouTube Channels you can connect, how to make sure you have the correct access, and how to connect your Channels to Falcon.
The features mentioned in this article are only available to Falcon users with a user role of Team Leader or Admin.
What Type of YouTube Channels Can I Connect?
It’s possible to connect any public YouTube Channel to Falcon.
What Access Do I Need on YouTube?
To connect a YouTube Channel to Falcon, you will need to have access to the Google Account associated with the Channel.
During the connection process, you will be asked for the Google Account’s email/phone number and the password.
Connecting Your YouTube Channels to Falcon
Provided you have access to your YouTube Channel through your Google Account, you can connect it to Falcon by following the steps below:
- From anywhere in Falcon, click on your profile icon on the bottom left.
- Click Settings.
- From the menu on the left, under Channel Settings, select Channels.
- Click Add Channels from the top right.
- Under LinkedIn, click Connect.
- Click Connect to YouTube.
- When the popup appears, enter your Google email address/phone number and password followed by Next. If already logged into your Google Account, you can simply click on the applicable account.
- Under the list of permissions, click Allow.
- From the menu on the left, New and disconnected channels, check the box beside any Channels you would like to connect.
- Click Connect Channels.
- From your list of Teams in Falcon, select any number of Teams you would like to add your Channel(s) to.
- Click Finish.
Next, the page will refresh automatically, and your Channel will now be found in Settings > Channels, along with all other applicable modules in Falcon.
FAQ & Troubleshooting
- I received an error during the connection process.
- If you have received an error at any stage of the connection process, please check out our System Requirements to make sure your system is compatible. Please also consider reaching out to our Support team for help diagnosing the issue.
- I’ve added my Channel but I can’t see it in Falcon.
- If you have switched your view in Falcon to Team View, the Channel may not appear (if it’s not included in your chosen Team). Please either switch to Admin View or select the correct Team View. If you’re in Admin View, or in the correct Team, already, please contact the Support team.