In this article, find out what types of Twitter Channels you can connect, how to make sure you have the right access, and how to connect the Channel to Falcon.
The features mentioned in this article are only available to Falcon users with a user role of Team Leader or Admin.
What Type of Twitter Accounts Can I Connect?
It’s possible to connect any public Twitter Account to Falcon.
Currently, it’s not possible to connect hidden or restricted Twitter accounts due to API restrictions.
What Access Do I Need on Twitter?
In order to connect a Twitter Channel to Falcon, you will simply need to have the Twitter log in credentials (password along with the email address, or username). The Twitter Channel does not need to be verified.
It will not be possible to verify and connect your Twitter Channel to Falcon using the associated phone number.
Connecting Your Twitter Channel to Falcon
Provided you have the applicable log in information for your Twitter Channel, you can connect it to Falcon by following the steps below.
- From anywhere in Falcon, click on your profile icon on the bottom left.
- Click Settings.
- From the menu on the left, under Channel Settings, select Channels.
- Click Add Channels from the top right.
- Under Twitter, click Connect.
- Click Connect to Twitter.
- When the Twitter popup appears, enter your Twitter login credentials followed by Authorize App. If already logged into Twitter, simply click Authorize App.
- From the menu on the left, New and disconnected channels, check the box beside any Channels you would like to connect.
- Click Connect Channels.
- From your list of Teams in Falcon, select any number of Teams you would like to add your Channel(s) to.
- Click Finish.
Next, the page will refresh automatically, and your Channel will now be found in Settings > Channels, along with all other applicable modules in Falcon.
FAQs & Troubleshooting
I received an error during the connection process.
If you have received an error at any stage of the connection process, please check out our System Requirements to make sure your system is compatible. Please also consider reaching out to our Support team for help diagnosing the issue.
I’ve added my Channel but I can’t see it in Falcon.
If you have switched your view in Falcon to Team View, the Channel may not appear (if it’s not included in your chosen Team). Please either switch to Admin View or select the correct Team View. If you’re in Admin View, or in the correct Team, already, please contact the Support team.