Connecting a Facebook Channel to Falcon allows you to explore your Channel’s performance in Measure, create and view posts in Publish, interact with your customers in Engage, and much more. In this article, find out what types of Facebook Channels you can connect, what access you’ll need, and how to get the Channel connected to Falcon.
The features mentioned in this article are only available to Falcon users with a user role of Team Leader or Admin.
What Type of Facebook Pages Can I Connect?
It’s possible to connect any existing Facebook Page to Falcon. This includes Facebook Pages included in a Global Page structure. There are no requirements regarding the number of Fans or how long the Page has been in existence. Currently, it’s not possible to connect personal Facebook profiles, Facebook Groups, or unpublished (hidden) Pages.
Once connected, all Facebook Pages will be referred to as Channels in Falcon.
For some frequently asked questions regarding Global Pages in Falcon, please visit our Help Center guide here.
What Access Do I Need on Facebook?
In order to connect a Facebook Channel to Falcon, you will need to have Admin access to the Channel through your personal Facebook profile.
During the process of connecting a Facebook Channel to Falcon, you will be asked to log into Facebook using your personal Facebook profile credentials. Next, Facebook will determine which Facebook Channels your personal profile has Admin access to. These Channels will then show up as options for you to connect to Falcon.
To verify that you have Admin access, you can follow the steps below:
- Visit the Facebook Page (on Facebook, and not via the Facebook Business Manager).
- From the menu on the left, under Manage Page, click Settings.
- From the menu on the left, under Page Settings, click Page Roles.
- Scroll to Existing Page Roles.
- Look for your personal profile under Admin.
Need a shortcut? Locate the Facebook Page URL and add the following onto the end:
For example: www.facebook.com/MikeFromFalcon/settings/?tab=admin_roles
If any options in the path shown above aren’t available to you, it is likely that you don’t currently have Admin access. Please reach out to any existing Admin and ask them to adjust your permissions as shown in this Facebook guide.
Connecting Your Facebook Channel to Falcon
Once you have followed the steps above to establish that you have Admin access to your Facebook Channel, you can connect it to Falcon by following the steps below:
- From anywhere in Falcon, click on your profile icon on the bottom left.
- Click Settings.
- From the menu on the left, under Channel Settings, select Channels.
- Click Add Channels from the top right.
- Under Facebook, click Connect.
- Click Connect to Facebook.
- When the Facebook popup appears, log in with your personal Facebook profile credentials. If already logged into Facebook, click Continue as...
- When prompted to select which Facebook Pages you would like to use with Falcon, click Select All even if you currently don't want to connect all Channels currently. Similarly, when prompted to select/deselect permissions for Falcon, make sure all permissions are granted.
- From the menu on the left, New and disconnected channels, check the box beside any Channels you would like to connect.
- Click Connect Channels.
- From your list of Teams in Falcon, select any number of Teams you would like to add your Channel(s) to.
- Click Finish.
Next, the page will refresh automatically, and your Channel will now be found in Settings > Channels, along with all other applicable modules in Falcon.
FAQs & Troubleshooting
- I received an error during the connection process.
- If you have received an error at any stage of the connection process, please check out our System Requirements to make sure your system is compatible. Please also consider reaching out to our Support team for help diagnosing the issue.
- My Channel didn’t show up as an option to connect.
If a Channel does not appear as an option to connect to Falcon during the connection process, this usually means that you don’t have the required Admin access to be able to connect it. Please check your permissions on the Channel by following the steps above.
If you have verified that you’re an Admin, check your Falcon-Facebook Business Integration to see if the page has been removed from our access. Click ‘View and Edit’ on the Falcon integration to adjust the settings and Channels Falcon has access to. Please make sure that all permissions and Channels are selected.
Lastly, if your Channel is still not appearing as an option to connect to Falcon, please either ask another Admin to attempt the connection or reach out to our Support team.
- I’ve added my Channel but I can’t see it in Falcon.
- If you have switched your view in Falcon to Team View, the Channel may not appear (if it’s not included in your chosen Team). Please either switch to Admin View or select the correct Team View. If you’re in Admin View, or in the correct Team, already, please contact the Support team.